Dan is going to camp out tonight for the new iphone 4, but he is without a phone today so he took mine. I keep thinking that I hear mine ring like a text is coming.. but then I realize that can't be.. my phone isn't here! i think that is a sign that I needed a day without it!
I had a goal before I came out here to blog about my ancestors and their stories, because there are some really neat stories out there, but I didn't realize how jammed for space I would be flying out here. So I had to leave all of the papers/books in Utah. I really want to do it because they are so inspirational, but for now, I think I will do something else. I will probably start that "something else" tomorrow...
As for now, I will update you on "the girls"
Bailee just keeps maturing and maturing.. she, of course, has her harder days.. but for the most part I am constantly watching her and thinking "is this the same girl that used to have 5-10 screaming fits a day?" There will be times when I'm telling her something that will let her down and I brace myself for the tantrum, and she maybe just whines a little and then thinks of something else that will make her happier.. Those times I think "What just happened here.. does she really understand what I just told her?" Now, like I said, she does have her harder days, so she still has some tantrums, whiny days, and she still likes to say things JUST to get a reaction out of me or Afton, but compared to how she was 1 year ago from today.. I am amazed! She helps with Afton and LOVES to play with the other little kids here. She will sometimes "complain," but I know she really likes having these kids watch and follow her. She is still having a hard time leaving places.. even our own apartment. Then once we get to where we're going, she has a great time and doesn't want to leave there. It is kinda funny, but it does make it a longer time to get out the door.
Afton is talking so much more. She understands most of what we say and if she doesn't, she will continue to ask until we can explain it to her. She gets upset when we are in the car and Bailee point something out, but Afton isn't tall enough to see. So she will unbuckle her top harness and then sit up and lean forward to see.. I think Dan might have scared her one time, because now she will say that the police will come if she unbuckles. And whenever I say something like "oh no" in the car, she will ask if it is the police! haha She is such a water babe! In the swimming pool she will just dunk her head under over and over. she is very good at staying on the stairs so far.. hopefully she doesn't get bored and start venturing out from there. she does NOT like floaties on her arms, though! when she is tired, she will have one of the biggest screaming tantrums. It probably sounds to other people like I am beating her or something and it will only be about something like we can't find the tape. But she will not let me put her down. If she gets a nap, its because she just fell asleep in the car or on the couch while reading books. Well this has definitely turned into a long update.. I will finish with some pictures from the safari!
I felt like I was in highschool again laughing at this.. I don't know why I still think it is soo funny to see animals mating! All the kids just said "That mean turtle!" The really funny thing is that there are so many other spectators.. the birds, and look at the deer in the background! hahaha
PS I have been meaning to blog about this: EVERYWHERE I go, at least one person comments on how blonde my girl's hair is! I don't know if it is because it is usually unkempt, so it draws attention to it, or if there really isn't a lot of blondies out here. but I am not exaggerating.. everywhere. If I go somewhere, I know someone will say something. They love it! There have been a couple of hairdressers that have stopped me and told me that they get paid some big bucks to make other girl's hair look like my girl's! and I will bet money that when I am in the checkout of Walmart or especially Target, the cashier will say something about it. haha I just smile and say something like "yeah, I hope it stays a while because it is very striking." or "yep, both my husband and I had really blonde hair as kids, too." I try to come up with different things to say every time, but I am running out!
2 comments:
It is really cool that you can recognize the forest while you are traveling through all of the trees. It was something that I did not do very often as my kids were growing up.
Thanks for the update. Give everyone a hug for me.
Dave
I loved reading your update and I agree with Dave- it's great that you are cherishing this time. I think your girls are so beautiful and THAT'S the reason you get so many comments on their hair! :)
Post a Comment