Tuesday, March 3, 2009

catch up, random things, and gratitude


first off, I don't know why the text is going blue and underlined at some places. Alright, I was just going to post something about last night, but then I realized a lot else was going on so I need to also catch up. I was then getting pictures off the camera and realized that there were a lot of cute pictures on there and I ended up selecting some of them. So I will go ahead and start with catch up. Dan and I were very blessed to get to go to St George for the weekend without the girls.. well, a little longer than the weekend. We took off on Wednesday night and got home Sunday evening. It was amazing. A lot of it was taken care of and that is why we could justify it. I was very homesick by Friday and I feel bad for the Felisha and Kellee because I couldn't stop talking about them. I had a good time getting to know these girls better and am excited to hang out with them more over the summer - or before then. They are the other "wives" of the Platinum team that will be going out this summer. The boys went to work while we stayed back and did domestic things... Dan got a sale, which is very awesome and we got a day in Vegas before everyone else came out. We gambled, went to Coke and M&M, and ate at Planet Hollywood. I'm glad we went without the kids, but it was a long time and I won't do it again for quite a while. Thank you to everyone who helped out with them while we were gone!

Here is one of the cute pictures I found of Janie and Meg. I love it because Janie's smile is just adorable and this picture captures the love that Meg has for everyone, especially her daughter, Janie. I love my sisters and look up to their kindness.
Here is my crazy daughter, Afton. She loves to climb and if someone is around her, she loves to fall backward, forward, or sideways into their lap. That is probably why I am looking so intense cuz I am trying to be ready in case she does that to me, but trying to also look relaxed so that she won't think I will catch her.. make sense?
Us girls (and Ammon) decorated sugar cookies a while ago. I decided to let Bailee do a lot on her own (thanks for providing, Meg) and she enjoyed the sprinkles and decorating frosting. She just kept adding and adding stuff after all of us had suggested that she start a new one. She made qute a few of these. The big one was for Dan and I think he only took a few bites before he snuck it in the garbage.
Afton enjoying her sister's cookie... I don't know if any made it in her mouth, mostly her face and hands..

This was what I was intending to write about. Last night, around 9:30-10ish, I was getting veggies and dip out of the fridge when I heard the doorbell ring like 3 times in a row really fast. Both Sue and I were wondering who would be coming at this late hour and we opened to door to a box that said "Case" on it. Sue brought it in and I just went ahead with my late snack and she said "Janelle, it's clothes." Yes, clothes for Afton and Bailee. How amazing are people? It got me thinking that I really haven't bought clothes for Afton since Christmas and I have only gotten Bailee a couple of things because she is growing so fast. I am going to be able to wrap some of the things for Bailee for her birthday and it won't look so sparce on presents after all! So I know I have expressed this on here before, I have a hard time accepting things like this because I never think a plain old "thank you" is enough... but if whoever did this reads this, THANK YOU!

One of the shirts for Afton, which Bai was very jealous of..
One of the shirts for Bailee. She doesnt let me do her hair so thats why its crazy.
Thank you to my family for watching the girls while Dan and I left and thank you to whoever was inspired to help a family who needed it!

7 comments:

stef said...

Oh my gosh Afton looks so tall in the pic where she is standing on the cushion bench thingy haha.

Emma said...

What a fun surprise. BTW in my experience, usually the text is blue and underlined, when it's too close to a picture. I put a space before/after a picture before I start typing, or pasting text. I hope that helps. Cute kiddos!

Tricia said...

Holy cow...the very first picture of Bailee is such a mini-Janelle! It is so cute. I definitely want to get together before you go. When do you leave? I'm not sure when Misty gets home. March or April???

Lindsey said...

How fun Janelle! I am so glad someone was able to help you out! That is great! Hope you are all doing very well!

meg said...

Aww... thanks for the tribute. I learn it from you. That is a sweet pic of Janie. These are all such cute pics. That's so awesome about the box of clothes because Afton is catching up to Janie so fast and I don't have any more clothes to give you guys yet. Hope Bai is feeling better. Love ya.

The Rindi's said...

No worries about talking about your girls it was so fun hearing about them and getting to know you better!! St George was a blast!! That is basically how the summer is all the wives just hang out. We will have to get all our wives together so you can meet the rest of us!! I hope Baileys bday party goes well!!

Angie said...

Oh, how fun for you!! Your girls are getting so big - they are darling. I wish we lived closer.

My pretty little butterfly

My pretty little butterfly
sorry it is not at all centered...

cleaning out the closet

cleaning out the closet
It was so fun for her to find old things in our closet that had been "missing"

You've gotta love her!

You've gotta love her!

Bailee-isms

  • 12/20/08 We were at the annual Case Christmas party. Grandma Betty and Grandpa Dwayne were nice enough to buy us Sizzler lunch and then had a program at their home. Before I tell the story, I need to clarify that Grandma Betty is from England and still has her accent - which I love! Bailee wanted to ride in Grandma Betty and Grandpa Dwayne's car from Sizzler but we told her no since her car seat was already in ours. Bailee: "I just want to go with them because I love them so much." Grandma Sue : " I know, and they love you, too." Bailee: "But Grandma Betty says it weiood" (wierd without the "r" sound)
  • 11/10/08 We were "puppy sitting" for Dave and Sue overnight so they could spend a night in Midway. Part of Bailee's bedtime routine is that she gets to have "snuggle-wuggles" right before bed every night. Snuggle wuggles started as being a Backyardigans show but has evolved to being a choice between playing make believe with toys, a show, or something else she really wants to do before bed. Well this particular night I gave her the choice between Dragon Tales or going to the store with me and she chose the show. When it was over and I said it was time to brush teeth and go to bed, she started to cry and throw one of her tantrums. She said she wanted to go to the store with me, I then reminded her that she chose the show over going to the store. She replied very seriously that when she chose the show, she was just teasing me. Very smart response.. it didn't fly and she was not a happy girl going to bed that night
  • 11/12/08 We were driving home from Dave and Sue's and Bailee said "What does 'age' mean?" Dan and I weren't quite sure what she said, so we asked her to repeat it and she did. We still weren't sure if she said "H" or "age." Usually she can explain what she is saying by thinking of another word or saying it in a sentence. We asked her to say it in a sentence or tell us when and how she heard it. She stammered a little, then said "You know, like my feet are big." Dan and I tried very hard not to laugh and she finally said "Like I am a big girl." So then I said.. "Okay, you mean 'age'. That is like how old you are, so your age would be 3. When someone asks you what your age is, you would say 3." So Dan said "Yeah. It is like someone asking you how old you are. What are you going to say when someone asks you what your age is?" and Bailee said, "That I am a big girl!" Maybe you had to be there or it was pretty late, but it was very funny.
  • Grandma Sue bought a doctors kit for the grandkids. It came with a couple of cards that showed what to do with the "tools" - kind of like directions. When we were cleaning up all the parts to it, Bai couldn't find the cards and she was saying over and over.. "where are the indirections? " I think she was mixing up the words "instructions" and "directions." It is very cute that her vocabulary is growing so fast that she just has a ton of information to sort through. I am biased, but I definitely think she is a smartie!
  • Bailee was trying to get Dan to fill up her aqua-doodle pen with water so she could color on her mat, but apparently Dan wasn't jumping on the task. He continued to get ready for work and gather his things when Bailee said very demandingly "Dad, when you are all done with this world stuff, will you please fill this up with water?!" It definitely got his attention and he filled it up with water and she went on her way.
  • Bailee was talking with her cousin, Aliyah, and her grandma Packer about places they have been and things they have seen. My mom brought up that Aliyah was in a whale's mouth at Storybook land and Bai was in a shark's mouth in Disneyworld. They were laughing about that and my mom said, "Weren't you scared in the mouth?" and Bailee looked at my mom with her index finger pointed at her and said, " Remember grandma, those things are just PRETEND!" My mom thought it was very cute how Bailee was trying to comfort her on the scary pretend things that are out there.
  • Bailee is pretty much a vegetarian and refuses to eat meat - except for chicken nuggets and taco soup). In colorado, they took out a lunchable jr. and she wouldn't eat the meat. Well, someone told her that the meat would make her jump higher. She had a couple bites of the meat and walked away. Sue asked "Did you like it?" and Bai said "yeah, I am going to see if I can jump higher now, though." She jumped and everyone cheered - Maybe she will continue to eat meat and end up in the olympics!
  • Bailee was riding home from a dinner in the back seat of papa Dave and grandma Sue's car. Her uncle Andy was sitting next to her talking to her when the sun came shining into the car all of a sudden and her grandparents both burst into song "Here Comes the Sun, do do do do.." Uncle Andy then whispered to Bai "Grandma and Grandpa are getting old." and bailee replied, "Grandma's not old, but Papa is."
  • Being the great English buff that he is, Bailee's uncle Jason was trying to enhance Bailee's vocabulary by teaching her some new words. One of the words was "plump." He told her about having a nice, big, juicy, plump apple. Then he went on to explain that it meant "big." Bailee then was able to catch on and said, "Like you, uncle Jason?"
  • When Bailee says prayers, she really lets Heavenly Father into her heart. She has said things like, "please bless that I can watch a movie tomorrow. Please bless that I can get tinkerbell makeup at the store. Please bless I can sleep the whole night in my bed. Please bless we will grow up healthy and go to heaven."
  • Bai was helping grandma Sue wrap some baptism gifts and asked her what they were for. Sue said that they were for her primary kids who were going to be baptized and when Bailee turned 8, she would also be baptized. Bai looked at grandma like she was out in the night and said " Oh, no, grandma, I am going to be a doctor when I grow up!"
  • We were leaving grandma Sue and papa Dave's so Bai went and hugged grandma and said "I love you, grandma." Dan told her to go and tell grandpa the same thing so she went and hugged grandpa and said " Papa, I love grandma."
  • Bailee thought her pee would be pink after she drank her strawberry milk. After I told her it would still be yellow or clear, she still had her hopes up. When we got home, she ran to the bathroom to go potty and we heard her disappointed voice come from the bathroom saying "Yep, it's still yellow."

Sweet Afton

Sweet Afton
She was such a trooper during the trip- she really is such a good baby!

What happens when a 3 year old is holding up a 6 month old for pictures...

She's still doin okay...

wooops !!!

making the cake

making the cake
well I guess she is not quite in the process of making it here - more posing

making/eating the frosting

making/eating the frosting

and eating the cake

and eating the cake
I think they purposely smeared it on their faces - i dont see how else they could have gotten that messy