Tuesday, March 9, 2010

many things on my mind

here are the thoughts going around in my head:
  • I should be planning Bailee's party since it is on Saturday and I got all the cute gift bags from Oriental Trading Co. I just don't want to make everything for the games right now. I will probably be staying up the night before while Dan is setting up her bike.
  • Wondering how I am going to fit in my 8 mile run on Saturday since I have Bailee's above mentioned friend party and the family party right after it.
  • My foot wasn't broken, by the way, but I don't think it will ever be the same. I have some weird bump on the inside of my foot and it gets swollen and bruised every time I run. It still hurts if I stretch it wrong.. oh and I tried to wear flip flops today but it really hurt.. never thought I used my big toe and the heel of my foot so much
  • I don't get how I can be running 17-19 miles a week and not losing weight.. hmmm..
  • I can't believe Bailee will be 5 on Friday! She really has been acting a lot better the last month or so. Her tantrums have decreased, she is sleeping through the night a lot better, and she is almost completely done with wetting the bed! I am so proud of her and she is such a good big sister. She really stepped it up when Dan and I went to Vegas a couple of weekends ago and she was bounced from house to house with Afton!
  • We MIGHT move to some apartments in a neighboring city. There has been a lot of confusion with getting income verification from Dan's work, but we are hoping it works out. We love the ward we are in, but we are sooo ready to be on our own again! Kay so I just read that and it sounds like we are not enjoying where we are. That is not the case. Things with Dave and Sue really have been so much better than what anyone would have guessed. They are really easy to live with and probably more accommodating and tolerant than they should be. There is just that sense of being on our own and not worrying about taking advantage or always feeling like we don't quite have a "place" for us.. does that make sense?
  • Afton is talking so much and understanding so much more. She is a very loving sister, as well. If Bailee is sulking around, Afton will go up to her and say "What's wrong, Bai?" then bailee will tell her and Afton will say "I give you hug?" and they will hug. Sometimes Afton is the cause of Bailee being sad, so if Bailee says that Afton made her sad, Afton will say "I sorry, Bai. Be happy, see?" and she will give her a big smile.
  • They are constantly asking for a little brother or sister ever since we got an adorable, precious, sweet, beautiful, etc. niece a couple weeks ago. hmm well I guess that may be a little more realistic once we find out if we get the apartment?
Well that is about all.. Thought I would share! pictures next time..

5 comments:

Travis and Cristan said...

K- I just read the last few entrys and I am laughing so hard...maybe I shouldn't be??
I am ALWAYS falling and getting hurt' like today when I went to work out and the second to last toe on my right foot felt broken--no idea how it happened probably something stupid I did yesterday, anyways so sad about Bai but I was laughin' at you:) Can't believe the girls are both going to be 5!!! Good Luck with the parties!
Miss you!

Jaimee said...

Aw, your girls are so sweet! We miss you guys so much! Wish we could have seen you guys while we were in Utah last week- next time for sure! Can't believe Bailee is going to be five!!! That's just crazy!! Love you guys!

Candice said...

I know what you mean about living on your own, i always feel like Adam and I are such bums for living with my mom, but there's just not another choice right now. Hopefully it works out for your apartment!

Jolene said...

I'm glad to hear you didn't break your foot and that you guys are doing well. Funny story--last week I was downtown SLC and I totally shut the back hatch door on my head. It was just me and the baby and I totally had blood running down my face and all over my hand. Talk about clumsy!
By the way, I think that it is awesome what you are doing with the running. Such dedication! You are amazing!

meg said...

that is pretty crazy that you aren't losing weight.

I do think you look more toned though, and you have a gorgeous glow. you really do.

Afton is such a little tenderheart. She is so sweet with Janie. She goes into mommy mode with Janie. It is the sweetest thing. She had a good teacher (you) and inherited all your loving mommy goodness.

Love you.

My pretty little butterfly

My pretty little butterfly
sorry it is not at all centered...

cleaning out the closet

cleaning out the closet
It was so fun for her to find old things in our closet that had been "missing"

You've gotta love her!

You've gotta love her!

Bailee-isms

  • 12/20/08 We were at the annual Case Christmas party. Grandma Betty and Grandpa Dwayne were nice enough to buy us Sizzler lunch and then had a program at their home. Before I tell the story, I need to clarify that Grandma Betty is from England and still has her accent - which I love! Bailee wanted to ride in Grandma Betty and Grandpa Dwayne's car from Sizzler but we told her no since her car seat was already in ours. Bailee: "I just want to go with them because I love them so much." Grandma Sue : " I know, and they love you, too." Bailee: "But Grandma Betty says it weiood" (wierd without the "r" sound)
  • 11/10/08 We were "puppy sitting" for Dave and Sue overnight so they could spend a night in Midway. Part of Bailee's bedtime routine is that she gets to have "snuggle-wuggles" right before bed every night. Snuggle wuggles started as being a Backyardigans show but has evolved to being a choice between playing make believe with toys, a show, or something else she really wants to do before bed. Well this particular night I gave her the choice between Dragon Tales or going to the store with me and she chose the show. When it was over and I said it was time to brush teeth and go to bed, she started to cry and throw one of her tantrums. She said she wanted to go to the store with me, I then reminded her that she chose the show over going to the store. She replied very seriously that when she chose the show, she was just teasing me. Very smart response.. it didn't fly and she was not a happy girl going to bed that night
  • 11/12/08 We were driving home from Dave and Sue's and Bailee said "What does 'age' mean?" Dan and I weren't quite sure what she said, so we asked her to repeat it and she did. We still weren't sure if she said "H" or "age." Usually she can explain what she is saying by thinking of another word or saying it in a sentence. We asked her to say it in a sentence or tell us when and how she heard it. She stammered a little, then said "You know, like my feet are big." Dan and I tried very hard not to laugh and she finally said "Like I am a big girl." So then I said.. "Okay, you mean 'age'. That is like how old you are, so your age would be 3. When someone asks you what your age is, you would say 3." So Dan said "Yeah. It is like someone asking you how old you are. What are you going to say when someone asks you what your age is?" and Bailee said, "That I am a big girl!" Maybe you had to be there or it was pretty late, but it was very funny.
  • Grandma Sue bought a doctors kit for the grandkids. It came with a couple of cards that showed what to do with the "tools" - kind of like directions. When we were cleaning up all the parts to it, Bai couldn't find the cards and she was saying over and over.. "where are the indirections? " I think she was mixing up the words "instructions" and "directions." It is very cute that her vocabulary is growing so fast that she just has a ton of information to sort through. I am biased, but I definitely think she is a smartie!
  • Bailee was trying to get Dan to fill up her aqua-doodle pen with water so she could color on her mat, but apparently Dan wasn't jumping on the task. He continued to get ready for work and gather his things when Bailee said very demandingly "Dad, when you are all done with this world stuff, will you please fill this up with water?!" It definitely got his attention and he filled it up with water and she went on her way.
  • Bailee was talking with her cousin, Aliyah, and her grandma Packer about places they have been and things they have seen. My mom brought up that Aliyah was in a whale's mouth at Storybook land and Bai was in a shark's mouth in Disneyworld. They were laughing about that and my mom said, "Weren't you scared in the mouth?" and Bailee looked at my mom with her index finger pointed at her and said, " Remember grandma, those things are just PRETEND!" My mom thought it was very cute how Bailee was trying to comfort her on the scary pretend things that are out there.
  • Bailee is pretty much a vegetarian and refuses to eat meat - except for chicken nuggets and taco soup). In colorado, they took out a lunchable jr. and she wouldn't eat the meat. Well, someone told her that the meat would make her jump higher. She had a couple bites of the meat and walked away. Sue asked "Did you like it?" and Bai said "yeah, I am going to see if I can jump higher now, though." She jumped and everyone cheered - Maybe she will continue to eat meat and end up in the olympics!
  • Bailee was riding home from a dinner in the back seat of papa Dave and grandma Sue's car. Her uncle Andy was sitting next to her talking to her when the sun came shining into the car all of a sudden and her grandparents both burst into song "Here Comes the Sun, do do do do.." Uncle Andy then whispered to Bai "Grandma and Grandpa are getting old." and bailee replied, "Grandma's not old, but Papa is."
  • Being the great English buff that he is, Bailee's uncle Jason was trying to enhance Bailee's vocabulary by teaching her some new words. One of the words was "plump." He told her about having a nice, big, juicy, plump apple. Then he went on to explain that it meant "big." Bailee then was able to catch on and said, "Like you, uncle Jason?"
  • When Bailee says prayers, she really lets Heavenly Father into her heart. She has said things like, "please bless that I can watch a movie tomorrow. Please bless that I can get tinkerbell makeup at the store. Please bless I can sleep the whole night in my bed. Please bless we will grow up healthy and go to heaven."
  • Bai was helping grandma Sue wrap some baptism gifts and asked her what they were for. Sue said that they were for her primary kids who were going to be baptized and when Bailee turned 8, she would also be baptized. Bai looked at grandma like she was out in the night and said " Oh, no, grandma, I am going to be a doctor when I grow up!"
  • We were leaving grandma Sue and papa Dave's so Bai went and hugged grandma and said "I love you, grandma." Dan told her to go and tell grandpa the same thing so she went and hugged grandpa and said " Papa, I love grandma."
  • Bailee thought her pee would be pink after she drank her strawberry milk. After I told her it would still be yellow or clear, she still had her hopes up. When we got home, she ran to the bathroom to go potty and we heard her disappointed voice come from the bathroom saying "Yep, it's still yellow."

Sweet Afton

Sweet Afton
She was such a trooper during the trip- she really is such a good baby!

What happens when a 3 year old is holding up a 6 month old for pictures...

She's still doin okay...

wooops !!!

making the cake

making the cake
well I guess she is not quite in the process of making it here - more posing

making/eating the frosting

making/eating the frosting

and eating the cake

and eating the cake
I think they purposely smeared it on their faces - i dont see how else they could have gotten that messy