Bailee is sooo smart.. I know I am probably biased, but she will just pick up one of her books and just start to sound out all of the words, or just read them according to the context. She has scored above average on all of her kindergarten assessments, but doesn't show any kind of boring behavior at school. when i go in to volunteer, she is liked by all of the students and they will go to her first when they need to ask for help. I love watching her in the classroom because she does her work and finishes before, so she turns her paper over and makes up her own math problems on the back to work out! She has been off track for a while now and has another week to go and it is getting to the time where we all need her to go back! i love her, but it is hard to continue structure and full time entertainment when I just want to lay in the bathroom and sleep all day.. not that I would ever be able to do that even if she was at school because I have cute little Afton!
Afton is a riot! She doesn't stop talking or just singing about anything. She'll tell me this whole long story and then say "That's funny, huh." And if I don't somehow paraphrase exactly what she told me to prove I was listening, she will get mad and either tell me again (louder, this time) or run away saying I am the meanest mom ever! sheesh, girls! She does like to play lots of pretend games and comes up with some great background stories before we play. She will be starting preschool in the fall and is very ready for it! She can spell her name and write all the letters in it (not quite in order) and some other letters she can write. She can sign most of the alphabet also- thanks to signing time!
Dan is still working at American Express. i am so thankful that he is willing to put in 40 hours a week and do school. School will be over on Wednesday but it is crunch time right now for him. but everything looks good on his grades so far, so unless something huge happens, he will be getting his associates degree! He will probably take a couple semesters off before going to the U but I am proud of him for getting everything done and working hard to also get good grades rather than just doing the bare minimum to pass. He just recently changed his work schedule to very difficult shifts. I HATE it. I have nothing good to say about it except he does get his homework done better. I feel like I never see him, but he likes it and so we will see if I can get used to it.
Well there is our family update for the last few months. hopefully I can figure out how to get pictures on here because my girls are pretty much growing fast and are very cute! adios
4 comments:
Congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting. I hope you have a boy this time around. :-) My son Caden always makes me paraphrase what he has said as well. It drives me nuts because honestly sometimes my mind wonders during his really long stories. LOL! I am glad you are all doing well. It looks like you had a wonderful time in Disneyland! I can't wait to here if you are having a boy or a girl!!!!
I'm glad you had fun at Disneyland. I know Dan is working hard. I wish you both the best and he continues his schooling and you work hard growing baby #3 while taking care of your girls! Good luck!
Thanks for updating! Tell Dan to find those cords as soon as he is done with school. Your girls are both smart and sweet and we sure love them!
Yay!! I've been thinking about you lately - I'm glad to see you are doing well!! Congrats on the babe!!! I am so thrilled for you. When is your due date? I'm way too lazy to figure that out on my own. :)
I know you are super busy, but would you ever be interested in another get-together? I've missed seeing you guys. Anyway, I'm so excited for you - let's celebrate!!
Post a Comment